Are you running a marathon, walking for a charity, or raising money for an organization you care about? Try these fundraising tips the next time you need to raise money:
- Find creative friends to donate art, jewelry or other items and hold an auction for charity.
- Add information to your email signature requesting donations for a marathon you’re running for charity.
- Call your local radio station and ask for an on-air announcement or to be interviewed about your charity event.
- Find out if your company matches donations.
- Hold a donation picnic where people bring donations and you feed them hamburgers and hot dogs!
- Use your office press to your advantage – ask to include your donation request in the company newsletter, intranet, or email.
- Perform chores for your neighbors to raise money for your charity.
- Hold a cocktail party and piano night (find a maestro friend) to raise money.
- Breakfast for dinner: hold a pancake supper to raise money.
- Bet on it – hold a casino night to raise money for charity.